>A medical question:
>
>My government insurance (Medicaid)
> requires generic substitutes
>for "brand names," and I have no choice,
>unless I pay out-of-pocket.

Dear Ivan-- there have been a lot of posts about generics---in general it
seems there CAN be a difference in how they work. It seems to be a function
of what filler they contain, at least in part.  Ypou will fine stuff in the
PIEN archives, but also  could ask your pharmacist if a different generic
is available through him.
BTW, Peter uses  a generic form of the 10/100 (carbidopa/levodopa) and has
had no problems with it.
He also used a generic 25/250 in the past.

Maybe if the ones you have don't work well for you, your neuro can write a
new RX for a different company's generic--as you know who makes the one you
have.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "