Friends-- I can claim no credit for these consciousness-raising media
events re: PD, but want to report them, as we are always concerned about PD
awareness.

First, in today's Dayton Daily News there were two excellent articles by a
reporter in Orange Co. California, focused on YOPD, with input from our own
Susan Reese of APDA"s YOPD center, and on interviews with patients and
neuro in the Irvine, CA area.  The were interesting, well-written, and
honest about YOPD and its effects on individuals and families.  Thanks,
Susan, for whatever part you played in getting this done---and I'm curious
wehether it was in papers in other parts of the USA, since it showed up
here in Ohio? (I didn't see AP or UPI attribution)

Second, that was an excellent interview with Janet Reno on Nightline---her
positive attitude was not denial but an emphasis on the things she can do
*inspite* of PD. Wonder if she and  Don, our cyber Dad, could be related?
:-)

Third, re: Ted Koppel (Nightline host on ABC network) mentioning that his
mother had PD---I wondered if this would open a possible channel for a
Nightline program on PD?  He has a wonderful sensitivity, and I'm sure
would do a great job. How about contacts by the national PD organizations,
to offer him suggestions for a program ?   His 1/2 hour is one of the most
substantive and intelligent on TV , and even since it airs late at night,
we always tape it to watch the next day.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "