Hi all,

        On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, the digest contained:

> Date:    Tue, 25 Apr 2000 02:07:05 -0700
> From:    Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: NON-PD: RE: Web inaccessibility

> First, let me say I find your posts always worthwhile ...

        Awww ... gee ... [blush] ... Now I feel like I was fishin' for
     a compliment. :-)

> If you have a 386 with 8 megs of Ram running Windows 3.1
> then my personal preferences are Opera for the browser and
> Pegasus for the e-mail.  Opera is free to evaluate for 30 days
> and still (in compressed download form) is about 1.5 megs.
> Pegasus is a little larger ...

        Well, I'm kind of heavily invested in UNIX/Pine at my ISP.  My
     primary consideration for an e-mail client is whether it runs un-
     der  UNIX,  if it allows me to invoke vi (or vim :-) ) to compose
     my messages, and if it is available on my ISP's shell server.

        But,  I  was  *very*  interested  in the Opera browser and, in
     fact, went to their Web site that you had mentioned in a previous
     post.  It looked very interesting.  And, when the Mac version be-
     comes available, I will definitely look into it further.

        Thanks.

        And ...

> Date:    Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:19:26 -0400
> From:    janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: NON-PD: RE: Web / inxs

> calling wap.one
> come in wap.one ...

        10-4,  good  buddy.   I read you five-by-five -- 10-2.  What's
     the 10-13 at your '-20.  Come back ... ;-)

> 1. i find all of your posts worth my while
> 2. i find most of your posts worth a smile
> 3. i find some of your posts worth a snortle [or even two] ...

        janet, that was poetry. :-)

        Uh-oh!   I  feel  an even bigger [blush] coming on.  Oh, no --
     run away run away! (And, if anybody understands that "reference,"
     I'm in even bigger trouble than being a ... ) ;-)

> 4. a 'mac person' ??? ... now i understand ...

        Busted!   I  don't suppose that I could change your opinion of
     me by saying it's a 350MHz Power PC-based G3  with  256MB  memory
     and  a  6GB  hard  disk  along with a DVD drive, Zip drive, a DAT
     drive (for backups), and other miscellaneous "stuff,"  now  could
     I? ;-)

        But, to try to post an actual on-topic message ...

        There  has been a lot of talk about Sinemet over the last cou-
     ple of days.  Now, I know that everybody is different and  every-
     body  reacts differently to their medications.  But, I am kind of
     curious why I am *so* different? ... or, at least it  seems  that
     way to me.

        I  am  currently  46  and  I was diagnosed four years ago.  My
     first neuro. put me on Sinemet 25/100 at two tablets  a  day.   I
     noticed no change in my symptoms.  My second neuro. put me on the
     same 25/100 at the same dosage of two tablets a  day.   Again,  I
     noticed  no  change  in my symptoms.  This doctor bumped me up to
     four tablets a day, but there were still no changes in  my  symp-
     toms.   My  third  neuro.  changed the prescription to Sinemet CR
     50/200 at two tablets a day, but (again) there was no  noticeable
     change in any of my symptoms.

        My  current  neuro.  put me on three tablets of Sinemet 25/250
     per day.  And, this was the first time that  I  had  noticed  any
     change at all.  Some of the symptoms were actually reduced and it
     was noticeable.  But, also noticeable, was a major dyskinesia  in
     the  form of my head bobbing a lot when I was talking.  This neu-
     ro. then "bumped me down" to CR 50/200 at *four tablets a day* --
     and  we're talking about maybe pushing that up to five a day if I
     can find a way to wake myself at two in the morning.

        What confuses me is that many people that have been discussing
     the effectiveness and dosage of Sinemet here in  this  forum  for
     the last couple of days have said that they are taking the non-CR
     25/100 -- and have been for many years -- and it does,  in  fact,
     relieve their symptoms.

        Now remember, I'm a paranoid introvert so  I almost can't help
     from asking "why am I *so* different?"  Without being  too  face-
     tious,  funny,  or  silly, does anybody have any thoughts on this
     subject?  Thoughts, ideas, concepts, criticisms, witticisms, far-
     eastern philosophies, ... anything?

        Call  me  curious  today.  Curious if an on-topic post from me
     will draw any responses.  And, as we say in Grand Funk land, keep
     Shinin' On ...

Bill--
  ...who most of the time believes that TV is chewing gum for the eyes.
                                                      (42) o o o o
.___. William A. ....._..._ .......7177 Heritage Drive+ _____ ---- o ----+
..... http://w3.one.net/~wap/ .... [log in to unmask] .......+------------------+