On Thu 27 Apr, W M wrote:
> I would love to ask this question for my 72yr Father; and hopefully I have
> all the pertinent info.   My Dad has been on Sinemet for 2 years; the 25/100
> dose.   It seemed to work well with him.   His last visit to the
> neurologist; the doctor informed him that he is getting quite stiff in his
> right arm (the right arm is the arm that shakes quite a bit); and therefore
> wanted to change him to 50/200 CR Sinemet.   I believe this is a
> time-release Sinemet?   Well, the last 2 days my Dad has been following the
> new medicine schedule (5am and 4pm); and when he is sitting his right arm is
> shaking much more than ever.   Also, he hasn't slept much at all since
> changing the dosage.   According to the info that came with the drug; it may
> take several weeks to adjust to this medicine; etc.
>
> Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated, as always,
>
> Wanda.

Hello Wanda,  Some time  ago, I found myself answering the same (or nearly
the same questions again and again. This of course is inevitable as new
people like yourself come on line. The answer was obvious - Post what I
know in booklet form on a web site. This I did, using my friend Simon
Coles web site.  It won't answer all your questions, but it may answer some.

   http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/brian/htm

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (60/39/34)