On Thu 27 Apr, Hans van der Genugten wrote:
> [...]
I can hardly believe my eyes as I read this e-mail !! It must set new
records for  under-dosing. Is it true that your doctor has prescribed
one Sinemet CR50/200 at 5am and one at 4pm ?

If this is true, what does he suggest you do for the remaining 14 hours
when the tablets have done their job and have been flushed out of your
brain?. The point I am making is that the effective duration of a
Sinemet tablet is determined by factors completely outside your control,
such as the design of the tablet, the efficiency of your digestive system
and no doubt numerous others. The nominal life of a CR tablet (as I have
measured it on myself and several others) is 4 hours. Let's be generous
and say it is 5 hours. That leaves (as I said above) 14 totally unmedicated
hours each day.
I suggest that you get a sheet of paper and mark off 0 to 24 hours along
the X-axis. Mark the  points where you take the tablets, add on up to one
hour which is the time that it takes the early tablets

                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now   work out with your Dad when he gets the worst shakes - That should
make interesting reading.
Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (60/39/34)