On 25 Apr 2000, at 22:44, William A. Parrette wrote: (in part)

> > First, let me say I find your posts always worthwhile ...
>
>         Awww ... gee ... [blush] ... Now I feel like I was fishin' for
>      a compliment. :-)

> > If you have a 386 with 8 megs of Ram running Windows 3.1
> > then my personal preferences are Opera for the browser and
> > Pegasus for the e-mail.  Opera is free to evaluate for 30 days
> > and still (in compressed download form) is about 1.5 megs.
> > Pegasus is a little larger ...
>
>         Well, I'm kind of heavily invested in UNIX/Pine at my ISP.  My
>      primary consideration for an e-mail client is whether it runs un-
>      der  UNIX,  if it allows me to invoke vi (or vim :-) ) to compose
>      my messages, and if it is available on my ISP's shell server.
>
>         But,  I  was  *very*  interested  in the Opera browser and, in
>      fact, went to their Web site that you had mentioned in a previous
>      post.  It looked very interesting.  And, when the Mac version be-
>      comes available, I will definitely look into it further.
>
>         Thanks.

Hey, yer welcome Bill,
I looked at Project Magic for the latest update on Opera
and found this...  Last Update: 25 April 2000!
Now Three Macintosh Ports in the Works!
http://www.opera.com/alt_os.html#mac

Talk about timing!  ........... regards .... murray