On 28 Apr 2000, at 15:24, JoAnn Coen wrote:

> Cari - Thanks for replying.  No, I can't access Yahoo, or web sites or
> archies.  I have a 386, 3.1  that has almost all its memory gone. A
> friend tried to install aol so I could access web, but it wouldn't take
> it.
> Maybe after I buy another car, and a sofa and etc., I'll get a brand new
> one.  Until then, I have to be patient (which isn't one of my better
> assets), and work with what I have.  Best wishes in all you do. Jo Ann
> from Houston

Hi All,
As I've said many times, a 386 with 8 Megs of Ram & Win.3.1
CAN access the web!  I use Pegasus e-mail and Opera very
successfully on 386's.

Opera is the "browser" (as opposed to AOL, Internet Explorer,
Netscape Navigator, etc.)  You can download a 30 day free
fully functional evaluation copy at:

http://www.operasoftware.com

Now I admit it's a bit tough when you can't access the site to
download it in the first place, but it's just one more hurdle.
You may have to get someone else to download it for you.

If you had enough room to install AOL then you have plenty of
room for Opera.....

Now if you want to run Lynx or Arachne on a 286 then that's a
whole 'nuther ballgame but it's also possible tho limited.

All the best ................ murray