Dear friends,

   In my last post, I showed that ONCE EVERY 2 MINUTES,
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, 9 AM to 5PM, ANOTHER
DIAGNOSIS OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE IS MADE IN
THE UNITED STATES. You can quote me on that subject.

  The P.A.N. says 1 diagnosis every 9 minutes on their Forum flyer
-this is incorrect math, or a printing error..  Doctors
are not in their offices 7 days per week, nor 24 hours per day.
But even if they were, their calculation, based on 60,000 new
diagnoses per year,  should be 1 in 7 minutes, not 1 in 9. They
use the same 60,000 new cases per year that I got from the APDA.

  There were precisely 40 "Ken's song" posts in the last 2 days. BUT
NOONE commented on what I think is a powerful , and truly
compelling new FACT.  One new American PD diagnosis every 2 minutes,
Monday through Friday, 9 to 5.

  I tried this out at my APDA support group's literature table
in the Shaw's supermarket in Falmouth, Maine yesterday.
The response from shoppers was uniformly that of shock.

AND SHOCK is needed. PD is frightening.  Let's not gloss it over.

THIS IS PD AWARENESS MONTH, people.  Outside of
Edie Luther, is NOBODY doing anything about Legislation
or Proclamations of Resolutions or Lawmaking?

Who is writing to editors?  Who is publishing or appearing
on radio or TV?  Whatever happened to VISIBILITY??

Excuse me- I''m upset because I think some of us have lost
focus.  Or maybe it's just me-but if I have to fight 30 degrees
Fahrenheit and SNOW and ice, surely some of you out there
can organize MORE than a message about Ken's song.

Sorry, folks, but at times, I have to vent.  Barbara Blke-
Krebs is ill, I am still fignting foreclosure, and I need something
more than Ken's song to cheer me up.

Ivan Suzman
50/39/36