Hello gang -

Anyone notice that I've been a little quiet lately?  Here's why.

It seems that xenotransplantation has caught the media's attention; big time!
 I have been practically inundated with television news crews for the last
couple of weeks.

WSBE 36 (RI's PBS affiliate) taped yours truly for a segment of their "Health
Care Directions" program.  It was aired on April 12th.

A major European network (I'm not at liberty to say which one) sent an
interviewer / producer and videographer.  The main focus was on PD and
xenotransplantation.  They taped while I drove my sports car around town,
relaxed in the living room. etc.  It will be a small segment of a program to
be shown worldwide in the late Fall.

Get this.  An all-female news team was here last Saturday.  They were from
Santiago, Chile.  That interview will be broadcast in South America in late
Autumn, also.

WSVN 7 (FOX - Miami) had a reporter, with all his video gear, here in Newport
at 11 this morning.  I don't have the broadcast date for this small piece.

It goes without saying that all of this has been very exciting AND
exhausting.  The neighbors are getting used to seeing huge SUVs, filled with
equipment and people, coming down the street.

Naturally, I'll keep you informed as things develop.

Thought you'd like to know...

Jim