-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: plmaddux <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: woensdag 26 april 2000 3:34
Onderwerp: Re: Bad reaction to sinemet, info please

>> I just don't see how I can take another dose of sinemet as bad as I am
having tremors now. <<

If you have NO other side-effects, like nausea etc, you might try:
1)    NOT take a next dose untill your tremors are back to usual again, like
the next day.
2)    take a dose about ONE hour before you go to sleep. That way you are
sleeping before the tremors would  get worse. While there are normally no
tremors during sleep, the extra tremors should not appear. And the relaxing
effect on the tonus might still have a benificiary result.

>> I am afraid that I am not going to get any relief from drugs. It is not 4
1/2 hours and the tremor is still worse than it every was before taking the
sinemet. <<

You cannot tell that in such a short period. You should first try the
Sinemet for at least 4-6 weeks, before you can make conclusions. And there
is no reason to assume other drugs would have the same (negative) effect as
Sinemet has now. After trying out Sinemet for a longer period without
benefits, other drugs should be tried whether they give a better result.

Hans.