I would think that you  insurance would probably pay for a PET or MRI
scan.....since that would help to diagnosis MS.  If that is the reason for
the scan, then it would be paid for.  It is my understanding that MS does
have symptoms which produce noticeable changes on a MRI (and probably PET).

If you are in Wisconsin, there are probably PETs in Chicago, Rochester MN, or
Mnpls-St. Paul..........if not at the University Med Center.

I am a bit surprised your neurologist is not getting this information for you
and is not willing to do the insurance company  intervention.

Rita 55/10