Although rice and beans provide all the required amino acids, these could well
be the culprits in negating the effects of Sinemet.  The consumption of any
protein should be done at least one half an hour after Sinemet and at least one
hour before Sinemet. The amino acids compete and crowd out the dopamine in the
race to the brain.
At least that's the way I learned about it.
Michel