-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: W M <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: donderdag 27 april 2000 16:08
Onderwerp: Sinemet dosage

>> the doctor informed him that he is getting quite stiff in his
right arm (the right arm is the arm that shakes quite a bit); and therefore
wanted to change him to 50/200 CR Sinemet. <<

>>  I believe this is a time-release Sinemet? <<

Yes.

>>  Well, the last 2 days my Dad has been following the new medicine
schedule (5am and 4pm); and when he is sitting his right arm is shaking much
more than ever. <<

See my reply to Lanier in one of the last days: the higher dose can give
relaxation of stiff muscles which can give an (in most cases temporary)
increase of the tremors. These tremors were first suppressed by the stiff
muscles.

>> Also, he hasn't slept much at all since changing the dosage. <<

Higher doses always can cause sleepproblems.

>> According to the info that came with the drug; it may take several weeks
to adjust to this medicine; etc. <<

To see the stabile result you need to use the higher dose 4-6 weeks.

Hans.