Lanier wrote:

"Some more thoughts on my problem. It seems to me that if I did something
that would interfere with the proper benefit that I should have gotten from
the dose of sinemet, i.e , taken with food, or taken with protein etc.....
that the process that kept the drug from doing any good, would also have
kept the drug from doing anything bad also! In other words, it should not
have done anything ------"good or bad". Is this not logical? Whatever would
keep it from doing good would also keep it from doing bad."

I think you are right, Lanier.  My mother took Sinemet for three years before
they realized she didn't have Parkinson's and that the Sinemet wasn't having
any effect. The Sinemet had no effect for her.   Like you, I have had only a
negative reaction to Sinemet.   It "locks my knee" and "stiffens my left leg"
so that I end up walking as if I had had a stroke.  And, like you, tremor is
my only symptom.  I've given up on Sinemet for the time being.  There are
days when I am ready to let them drill holes in my skull, but most times I
just live with the tremor.  I do take Artane.  It slows it down just enough
to allow me to type (with many errors), but it doesn't slow it down enough to
be noticeable to any one else.  And the price I pay is a slow down in
thinking and a loss of memory.  Some days I have to choose between being able
to think and being able to type.
Aloha, Joan D.