-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of janet paterson
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 11:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FWD: WWWeb: April Google Friends Newsletter

hi all

i consider these guys another wwwonder of the wwweb
f.y.i.

janet

Dear Google Friends,

April may have been the cruelest month for T.S. Eliot, taxpayers and
tech stock investors, but not for loyal Google users.  Read on for all
the ways life (or at least online searching) got better this month.

In this issue:

New Google Search Features

1. You've Ranked Us No. 1 (Again)
2. Google Gives You the World: Search in Ten Different Languages
3. Back to School: Search the Sites of Top Universities
4. See Where Your Search Terms Match
5. Easter surprise

Enthusiastic Googlers Make A Difference

6. Share Google with the World
7. Time Digital gives Google a look

1. You've Ranked Us No. 1 (Again)

   Participating users once again elevated Google to the position of
   No. 1 search engine in NPD's survey of 13 major search and portal
   sites. NPD, an independent research agency, reported that Google
   ranked first overall and first in the categories of
   ``effectiveness'', ``user satisfaction,'' and ``loyalty.''

   * 99 percent of our users identified Google as much or somewhat
     better than other sites.

   * 97 percent of our users find what they are searching for all or
     most of the time.

   * 8 in 10 users choose Google because it delivers the best search
     results.

   What can we say? We feel the same way about you and all our Google
   users.  Thanks for taking the time to fill in the survey and for
   all your kind words.

2. Google Gives You the World: Search in Ten Different Languages

   Google puts the ``World'' in ``World Wide Web'' with our new
   multi-language search service, available for Beta testing at
   http://www.google.com . The world speaks in many tongues and now
   Google does too. Try your query in French, German, Italian,
   Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, or Danish.

   Your results will contain pages only in the language(s) you
   select. Or you can search the whole web and have only the tips and
   instructions in a different language.  We'll be expanding this
   service soon to include non-European languages as well.

3. Back to School: Search the Sites of Top Universities

   Google started as a college project, so it's only natural we'd
   return to our roots.  Finding vital information at dozens of
   universities just got easier thanks to Google's new University
   Search at  http://www.google.com/universities.html . Narrow your
   search to a specific school website to find things like course
   schedules, admissions info, or alumni news.

4. See Where Your Search Terms Match

   Can't find your search terms in your results?  Click on the
   ``Show Matches'' link included with every Google result to see a
   snapshot of the page, with your search terms highlighted in Google
   yellow. This cached version is especially useful when the live page
   is inaccessible and you really, really need that pudding recipe.

5. Easter Surprise

   Google's long tradition of special holiday decorations
   ( http://www.google.com/logos.html ) continues this weekend with
   an Easter surprise from Ken Perlin, the NYU professor who created
   our animated Valentine's Day heart. After Sunday, you'll still be
   able to find this Easter treat at
   http://www.google.com/Easter/feature_easter.html .

   Google's hoppin' little applet is best viewed before consuming mass
   quantities of chocolate, hard-boiled eggs and marshmallow Peeps,
   not after.

6. Share Google with the World

   Know someone who's hard to impress? Show them just how tech savvy
   you are by telling them about Google, the best way to find
   information on the web:

   * Click on ``Email These Results'' from the results page to share
     interesting Google search results with friends. You can add a
     personal note, and send results to yourself to save them in email
     form.

   * Use ``Tell A Friend About Google'' at
     http://services.google.com/recommend.html to give your friends
     the gift of time and stress-free searching!

   * Submit a ``Google Success Story'' at
     http://services.google.com/success.html to let us know how Google
     has helped you find what you're looking for.

7. Time Digital gives Google a look

   Next time you're in line at the supermarket, be sure to pick up a
   copy of the May issue of TIME Digital.  It makes interesting
   reading, especially page 60, which features a photo of our fearless
   founders Larry and Sergey and page 102, which features Google as #1
   on the list of ``Top 10 Sites''.

   According the magazine, ``As search engines go, Google is to its
   competitors as a laser is to a blunt stick.''  Actually, that one
   made us blush a bit.

Until next time, keep on Googlin'
Larry, Sergey and the Google Team.

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0