Paul,

I don't think that Christopher Reeve and MJF have done nothing but spend
administrative money any more than I think that Senator Brownback is a Nazi.
Both sides have used hyperbole to get their points across.

 But I would appreciate a few clarifications.  Do you object to stem cell
research done by NIH on scientific, moral or political grounds?

Private companies  will continue to do the research with private funds (and
likely make out like bandits with their patents) When there are moral issues
involved I would prefer that some oversight occur- Private industry has a
really bad track record in putting public interest before profits. and
government- while at times is wasteful and always is bureaucratic-can put
mechanisms in place to at least review what is being done from an ethical
standpoint.

What is your objection to organizing and political action? And what has you
so angry at Reeve and MJF and Jim Cordy for their "emotional appeals" for
their respective causes?  What can be more persuasive than an emotional
appeal backed by facts which they all present effectively? (And what can be
more destructive than an emotional appeal without facts using inflammatory
phrases like Nazi Medicine?)

You appeal in your response to Jim Cordy's statement for him to read the
facts.  I certainly would like to read "the facts"  too and would appreciate
references to them so that I may be "enlightened" as to the basis for your
objection to organizing to support stem cell research.

Charlie