Parkinson's Awareness Month - Day 22

I've gathered links, bookmarks, and URL's for Parkinson Resources on
the WWWeb and I plan to post them in bunches on this List in my own
personal attempt to raise Parkinson's Awareness around the world...

I encourage you all to jump in and critique, improve, support these
efforts in whatever way you see fit....

WWWeb Resources 22 - Hallucinations & Depression

Hallucinations
http://www.parkinson.org/hallucin.htm

Sleep Disturbances, Vivid Dreams, and Hallucinations
http://www.parkinson.org/sleep.htm

Hallucinations Questionnaire
http://www.parkinson.org/qhallucin.htm

Study on Hallucinations
http://www.kendal.ac.uk/socialcare99/alzheimers/information/hallucinations.htm

Hallucinations appear to be a possible side effect of most anti Parkinson
drugs.  Responses and side effects vary from one person to the next.

Sinemet...
Possible side effects: Confusion, hallucinations, nausea,
uncontrollable twitching or jerking.
http://www.pharmico.com/medinfo/Sinemet.html

Sinemet CR
More common side effects may include:
Confusion, hallucinations, nausea, uncontrollable twitching or jerking
http://www.healthsqr.com/rx/sinemet.htm

Requip
All Parkinson's patients should be informed that syncope or symptomatic
hypotension may occur more frequently during initial treatment and
hallucinations can occur at any time during the course of treatment.
http://www.parkinson.org/requip.htm

Requip
Hallucinations may occur, but are more common with other dopamine
agonists, not Ropinirole or Requip.
http://www.virtualdrugstore.com/parkinsons/ropinirole.html

Mirapex
Orthostatic hypotension - a drop in blood pressure when an individual
stands up - and hallucinations have been reported with Pramipexole or
Mirapex, although both more often occur in late Parkinson's disease.
http://www.virtualdrugstore.com/parkinsons/pramipexole.html

Tasmar
Tolcapone or Tasmar's most common side effects include diarrhea,
sleep disturbances, and hallucinations.
http://www.virtualdrugstore.com/parkinsons/tolcapone.html

However, we are all individuals with differing symptoms and differing
reactions to our unique (and again individual) regimes of pharmacotherapy.
It is important to remember that each patient has their own specific
Parkinson's Disease clinical picture and individualized, tailored
treatment is an absolute must.  If you experience hallucinations you
should seek the advice of your licensed healthcare provider.

Clinical Depression Awareness
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/CD_Awareness.html

Types of Depression
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/Types_of_Depression.html

Depression - New Understanding, Drugs Help
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9901/depressi.htm

Is it Depression? A Physical Illness? Both?
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9710/htm/depress.htm

Recognizing Warning Signs Of Suicide
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9901/htm/suicide.htm

Warning signs of suicide
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9709/htm/suicide.htm

Depression - FAQ & Links
http://www.psych.helsinki.fi/~janne/asdfaq/

Depression in Parkinson's Disease
http://www.parkinson.org/depression.htm

Depression and Anxiety in Parkinson's Disease-Under-recognized
Symptoms
http://www.parkinson.org/depanx.htm

Depression Questionnaire
http://www.parkinson.org/qdepress.htm

Anxiety Questionnaire
http://www.parkinson.org/qanxiety.htm

Depression: A Serious but Treatable Illness
http://www.nih.gov/nia/health/pubpub/deprestl.htm

Treatment of Depression in the Patient with Parkinson's Disease
http://www.mmhc.com/cg/articles/CG9810/tom.html

The National Depressive and Manic Depressive Association
http://www.ndmda.org/

Depression
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/depressionmenu.cfm

Depression in Elderly People
http://www.depression.com/health_library/special_groups/special_02_elderly.html

Ask the Expert - Parkinson's and Depression
http://www.mhsource.com/expert/exp1033197b.html

Parkinson's Disease, Depression, and Electrical Stimulation of the Brain
http://www.nejm.org/content/1999/0340/0019/1500.asp

Scroll these URL's, peruse them, forward them to someone to
promote Parkinson's Awareness....   murray

Disclaimer:

Be forewarned... you must never assume that information obtained from the
web is necessarily the best information available (or even valid).
Remember, no one sets content rules on the Internet.  That said, there is
an education awaiting you!

Links to Web sites are provided for information purposes.
I assume no responsibility or liability for material on linked sites.

Please Be Advised: Medical information should always be reviewed with your
physician or attending professional before attempting to change any
medication or therapy.