Parkinson's Awareness Month - Day 25

I've gathered links, bookmarks, and URL's for Parkinson Resources on
the WWWeb and I plan to post them in bunches on this List in my own
personal attempt to raise Parkinson's Awareness around the world...

I encourage you all to jump in and critique, improve, support these
efforts in whatever way you see fit....

WWWeb Resources 25 - Transplants & Stem Cells

Foetal Cell Transplantation
http://www.parkinsonsdisease.com/spec/TU_foetal.htm

Ethical Guidelines For The Use Of Human Embryonic Or Fetal Tissue
For Experimental And Clinical Neurotransplantation And Research
http://www.nesu.mphy.lu.se/nectar/eth.1.html

On Foetal Ovary Transplants
http://www.brooklyn-ivf.com/html/foetal.html

Recent Advances In Neural Transplantation For Parkinson's Disease
http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb165/mcb165sp98tPaper/mcb165sp98R.manuscript/_271.html

The Foetus as Patient, Experimental Preparation and Transplant Source:
One Individual - Three Roles (1)
http://www.kyrie.com/actrtla/abortion/bookab/mccullag.htm#E9E4

The Health Report with Parkinson's Disease Monday 15 September 1997
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/helthrpt/stories/s266.htm
http://www.parkinsonsdisease.com/pcp/Pcp11.htm

Focus on the Neurotransplantation Laboratory
http://www.medicine.dal.ca/home/publication/connection/conn9903.htm#focus

An Overview of Central Nervous System Transplantation in Human Disease
http://www.aans.org/journals/online_j/sept99/7-3-1.html

A neural transplantation cannula and microinjector system:
experimental and clinical experience
http://www.aans.org/journals/online_j/sept99/7-3-2.html

Combined fetal neural transplantation and nerve growth factor infusion:
effects on neurological outcome following fluid-percussion brain injury in the rat
http://www.aans.org/journals/online_j/sept99/7-3-3.html

Enhancement of graft survival and sensorimotor behavioral recovery in rats
undergoing transplantation with dopaminergic cells exposed to glial cell
linederived neurotrophic factor
http://www.aans.org/journals/online_j/sept99/7-3-4.html

Pig cloning advances potential for transplants
http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/amnews/pick_00/hlsb0410.htm

Problem of noncompliance affects transplant patients too
http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/amnews/pick_98/pick0504.htm

Long-term Evaluation of Bilateral Fetal Nigral Transplantation
in Parkinson Disease
http://archneur.ama-assn.org/issues/v56n2/full/noc7682.html

Stem Cells: A Primer
http://www.nih.gov/news/stemcell/primer.htm

NIH Publishes Draft Guidelines for Stem Cell Research
http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/dec99/od-01.htm

Draft National Institutes of Health Guidelines for Research
Involving Human Pluripotent Stem Cells (December 1999)
http://www.nih.gov/news/stemcell/draftguidelines.htm

NIH Stem Cell Information
http://www.nih.gov/news/stemcell/index.htm

Cell hope in Parkinson's
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_380000/380544.stm

Scroll these URL's, peruse them, forward them to someone to
promote Parkinson's Awareness....   murray

Disclaimer:

Be forewarned... you must never assume that information obtained from the
web is necessarily the best information available (or even valid).
Remember, no one sets content rules on the Internet.  That said, there is
an education awaiting you!

Links to Web sites are provided for information purposes.
I assume no responsibility or liability for material on linked sites.

Please Be Advised: Medical information should always be reviewed with your
physician or attending professional before attempting to change any
medication or therapy.