Dear Yen,

There is another listserve, specifically for Shy-Drager disease and the
related Parkinson+ syndromes.  Both Debbie and I subscribe to that list
because we have parents with Multiple System Atrophy.  There are people on
the SDS list from all over the world who are very knowledgeable and can
help you to find more information to help your father.  Unfortunately, I
haven't kept the Web links they post to get info about the disease.  May I
suggest you sign on, introduce yourself and ask some questions.  Here's how:

To subscribe, simply address mail to:

and in the body of the message write

        subscribe Shy-Drager

I thought the dehydration suggestion from Connie was good, too.  With
Shy-Drager, many people say they do not feel it coming when they pass out,
but you say your father has some warning.  Good water can't hurt!

Jane