Ok, Got it-- BUT here's another but---if I'm a newbie who doesn't even know
what the numbers after the signatures mean (and many do ask), how would I
know that " Re:079360" was an archive post number that I could access by
email  ?   Perhaps an  explanation about your system (website and
alternatives) needs to be included with the welcome post and info Barb P.
sends out to new members?    I'm just trying to pretend here that I have
just joined PIEN and may also be new to email, and wondering how confused I
might be?

And I know, I know--"-there are no stupid questions, only stupid  answers
".....what am I still missing?

>At 01:03 PM 2000/04/29 -0400, you wrote:
>>Dear Janet---your system is impressive, but I have one probably stupid
>>question---
>>if a person's PC cannot access the web, how would they know what the
>>archive number of a particular post would be?  They could not see it in
>>your helpful listing.....am I missing something here???
>>

>you just might be, camilla
>
>the number is in the subject header of this message!
>
>[and the 'post numbers' would show up in any text replica of the site map
>which might get posted here}
>
>... yikes
>... and then the posting of the site map has its own 'post number'
>
>and btw camilla
>there aint no stupid questions!
>

>janet
>
>janet paterson
>53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
>a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
>613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "