BONY wrote:

> Our father (68) has been on medication for parkinsons disease for two
> years now. He recently started experiencing chest pain after whenever
> he walked for more than a 100 meters at a stretch.
> An ECG and a treadmill check show no signs of heart trouble.
> Can someone trace these pains to either parkinsons or the medicines he
> is having.

I've noticed pain following exertion, not in chest but middle (thoracic)
of back. It subsides in minutes after a dose of Sinemet. Try to time
your father's exercise just before the next medication dose is due, to
see if the pain responds to the dopaminergic medication of PD. If so,
you have nailed the problem, and the pain is part of the PD "pseudo-
fatigue" that I have noted here before. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road