Hi,

An EKG even a treadmill cannot rule out cardiac problems.  If he has any family or personal history of Cardiac problems especially if the pain is severe and consistent after exercise and is squeezing or pressure on the chest or radiating to the shoulders and down the arm it should be investigated further.  Other causes PD can be dystonia.  or it may be related to costochodritis an irritation of the joint between the sternum and the ribs which is made worse by putting a little pressure on the joint.  Parkinson's meds to my knowledge usually do not cause chest pain.  I would check with hi doctor (neurologist) to rule out any  neuro cause(unlikely) and especially if this is new  or severe I would push the Primary Care Physician for an explanation.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>BONY
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2000 10:59 AM

Our father (68) has been on medication for parkinsons disease for two years now. He recently started experiencing chest pain after whenever he walked for more than a 100 meters at a stretch.

An ECG and a treadmill check show no signs of heart trouble.

Can someone trace these pains to either parkinsons or the medicines he is having.

Regards.