 HiJanet and all,

  Yesterday I checked tonight's opportunity to "chat"
on-line with Mr. Muhammad and Mrs.Lonnie Ali.
   A source  informed  me that Mr. Ali will be on-line,
but that Mrs. Ali will NOT be present

  Please note that, o' blessed world of spelling accuracy,
that I have substituted a "U" in place of the "o" in
his first name.

   Can anyone suggest why the Neuro Center says that
 Mr. Ali is fighting Parkinson's "Syndrome?"  Is this to suggest
he has pubilistic, P.D.-like set of symptoms, and has not
been definitely diagnosed?  Does the Neuro Center think he has
something else, different, instead of P.D.? Where is the Neuro
Center?

To me, there is a larger issue at stake here.  Separating us PWP's
by the use of less well-known and  somewhat different terminology
can fragment our power as a community if we are split up into too many
names.

I thought Mr. Ali has PD,  so now what are we supposed to tell the
public?

 Ivan Suzman
50/39/36

On Wed, 3 May 2000 09:38:45 -0400 janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> a reminder from the greater pd cyber-world:
> there will be an online chat at:
> "http://www.webmd.com/"
> Wednesday evening with Mohammad Ali:
>
> Wednesday May 3, 2000
> 7:00PM EDT to 8:00PM EDT
> The Neuro Center
> The Champion's Fight Against Parkinson's
>
> Sports hero and American icon Muhammad Ali today faces his most
> difficult
> battle -- with the debilitating Parkinson's syndrome. Join him,
> along with
> his wife, Lonnie, for a discussion about the trials and tribulations
> of
> living with Parkinson's.
>
> janet paterson
> 53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
> a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
> 613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       76 sunny    deg. F   :-)