Agreed this is very important.  I have already sent emails to both Ohio
Senators--(Voinovich and DeWine) and urge everyone in the US to write to
theirs. This is something we can all benefit from!

Linda wrote in part---
>Dear listmember:
>It's estimated that currently 75% of Medicaid long term care funding goes
>to nursing home care. S.1935 (MiCASSA) would redirect more funds into
>community based care, and give consumers more choice in the type of care
>they receive. As Helen and Charlotte said - please write to your
>senators.
>Linda
>
>From NRCA website:
>                   [National Rehabilitation Counseling Association]
>                         LEGISLATIVE UPDATE ARCHIVE
>Posted on November 19, 1999
>
>     Harkin, Specter Introduce MiCASSA
>
>     Senators Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Arlen Specter (R-Pennsylvania).
>     have introduced  MiCASSA  in the Senate as bill number S. 1935.
>
>     Senator Tom Harkin Medicaid Community Attendant Services and
>     Supports Act Introductory Statement November 16, 1999

SNIPPED

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "