I believe that depression is prevalant in PWP's.  Let's face it. Imagine
what they have to look forward to. Yes, PWP's can vacillate between
depression and happy times. Hopefully, more happy times than not. We cg's
suffer from it as well, because we watch our loved ones go through what
they go through.  All of us, whether PWP or CG, must fight with all the
strength we have to keep each other "up",  and to fight fatigue and
sadness.  This is why this group is  so very, very important.  Someone
wrote about dementia in PD's. Yes,the mental acuity demishes somewhat,
but most of the time the
intelligent,  articulate, loving person is trapped inside a body that no
longer functions as it once did, and the frustrations and anger causes
the PWP to react differently than they normally  would.
When I lurk, I read some notes and can tell when a person is "up" and
some when they are "down". In my years of counselling,  I
learned to hear what a client doesn't say, as much as what they did say,
and the same thing with reading the postings . This is a wonderful group
of caring people, and to those with PWP? Keep posting, we like to know
what's going on, whether its  your meds, your feelings, or your doctors,
and post when you are up and when you are down.  We're all "listening.
Jo Ann from Houston