> My husband, Bob, (age 49) diagnosed eight years ago,
had a Pallidotomy
> (rt. brain) 1997, has been on a steady decline sine
his DBS  STN (rt.
> brain also) in January, 2000.  He is now in Hospice
at home.

> Aside from the fact that he can hardly move anything,
he is in terrible
> pain... in his calves, thighs, feet, back, neck and
arms.  He has
> difficulty swallowing his pills so I give them in
applesauce.

> He is currently taking:
> MS Contin  15 mg  every 12 hours
> Compazine  10 mg
> Roxicet   5/325  every 4 hours as needed
> Valium  5 mg, twice a day
> Artane  5 mg, 3 x a day
> Paxil  once a day
> Seroquel  25 mg.   2 at bed
> Senecot  2 in morning, 2 at bed
> Quinine   325 mg   2 at bed
> Dalmane  15 mg.  2 at bet
>
> -2 reg  25/100 Sinemet
> -3 CR  25/100 Sinemet
> - the above at various times throughout the day.
>
> Obviously the pain meds are not working as he is in
such tremendous
> pain, I must constantly pick him up (200 lbs) and
move him to a
> different position, usually to the wheelchair, sofa
and back to the
> hospital bed again, we do this over and over all day
and all night long.
>  If we are lucky he sleeps 3 straight hours, usually
1 - 2 hours and
> again wakes up from the muscle cramps.
>
> Needless to say this is an extremely difficult time
(I feel especially
> sad for our 15 yr. old daughter who is living is this
horrible ordeal).
> The doctors are puzzled by Bob's pain - they do not
know why he is in
> such pain therefore they are reluctant to prescribe
any stronger pain
> meds, so yesterday they added the Valium.  To me and
Bob last night  his
> cramps seemed to be worse than before the Valium.
>
> If anyone has any ideas or thoughts we would
appreciate it.
> Sincerely,
> Jackie Gilman
> Jackie,  Sometimes adding an anti-inflammatory med
such as Ibuprofen with the MS Contin helps in problem
pain cases.  Also, the MS Contin dosage could easily be
increased.  That is not a terribly high dosage. This is
not a prescription, merely a suggestion for your
doctor. Good luck and God be with you and your husband.

This message was sent using Conectiv.net WebMail.
http://webmail.conectiv.net/