I have learned so very much from reading all your posts,  I want  to say
thank you!!!!! The one thing I havnt seen is the need for second
opinions.I am only speaking from personal experiance, and pray non of
you go thru what my Dad almost did.                    Dad is 66,
diagnosed with P,D 12+ yrs. We went to check out DBS STN with a well
respected Neuro, who gave Dad a 20 minute exam, told him yes, this was
he answer to his prayers, even though a BI-Latteral DBS was not yet FDA
approved, inside sources said t would be by March 2000. Not to worry,
take home the papers fill them out [ come up with 20 thosand per side]
well have you i in 2 weeks!  After considerable thought, disscussion and
mainly raw gut feeling Mom took Dad to another Neuro. After EXTENSIVE
examination, including 12 hours off all meds, then being examened again
the out come was Dad was severly OVERMEDICATED, and had deppression. Its
been a long struggle, but he is doing much better!!!!!!     Please,
please please, If you are unsure or uneasy, get that 2nd. opinion!!!!
You dont [shouldnt ] have to mention the originl Drs, name!!!  thank you
for listining.                Respectfully,
Deb