The phone rang  and I picked it up - I said " Hello" normally  - A man said
" This is John from -----( local newspaper ) " obviously soliciting a
subscription.  I answered  in a voice  that was a mix of W.C. Fields - the
Great Gildersleeve and a man getting a million dollars " Why! Helloo John
and what can I do for you today?"  There was a moments silence then " I
don't need any funny stuff on this job. I'm going to hang up. "  And he did.
I'm still in a state of shock These people NEVER give up. Actually, I feel
sorry for the people that try to make a living soliciting stuff.
Bob Anibal