my father has parkinson's and has, reluctantly, travelled from Texas to
California -

the key ingredients are:
- leaving plenty of time to get to each location
- having wheelchair access available even if not needed at each landing and
transfer to other gate
- seated near the restroom
- briefing the attendants in advance that their assistance may be needed in
getting person from chair to bathroom AND, even out of bathroom back to seat
-  taking a sedative (Valium or Xanax) prior to flight to alleviate undue
stress prior to flight
-  having a thorough understanding of what will happen at each junction of
the trip
-  who will be responsible for them at each landing and departure
-  easy and accessible flight info in their pocket
-  whistle around their neck in case they get stranded in hallway, bathroom,
elevator, etc.
-  wearing Depends or whatever makes them feel comfortable if they fear
"freezing up" in seat OR bathroom and can't get around
-  if a male, wearing an external catheter with leg bag if concerned again
about going to the bathroom and not getting there on a timely basis

most importantly - letting them know that they can do this (if they can) -
if they can't - they shouldn't be travelling by themselves, but with an
attendant -

please contact me if you have any questions -
thanks and best of luck -

Cari
  daughter of Dempsey-PWP (71/16+)
  & Jo Ann-CGiver