Hello Mr. Meyers, I have had Parkinson's for the last sixteen years or more.
We Parkies are slow not only in our movements but also in our thinking. We
have difficulties in finding the right word. We also develope a mask like
face where the eyes are fixed in a staring straightforward look. Most of us
are very emotional. I myself can and do cry at the most simple of things. eg
When a baby cries or music that is very touching. I am not an expert on
Dementia but I know many people have 'including Doctors.' mistaken our
slowness for Dementia. I have written a poem on Parkinson's please read .
Also there are some email or URL addresses for PWP's (People with
Parkinson's hope that this helps you. Good luck with your studies. By the
way I am 70 years of age.. Bern................Peace.
http://members.teleweb.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html