   Well folks, April Awareness Month went out w/ a BANG not a wimper
here in Central Illinois. I'd have to say that it's all over but the
final tallies,returning things, the sweet memories & the time to reflect
upon friendships made & strengthened & the tremendous amount of support
shown. At first count t'would appear that we took in about $1,150 from
the donation box & over $300 from the raffle of 2 afgans(made & donated
by PWP's). This is wthout considering the intial $1,000 donated to
underwrite the cost of the day. What was extremely gratifing to all of
was the number of PWP's who had seen or read about the event and felt
the need to connect with someone else out there-anyone who would care &
understand their situation! There was plenty of bonding abounding!! I
would like to say a heartfelt "THANKS" to everyone who helped me pull
this off: The PWP's who traveled from great distances to be her to
support & to work thier tails off!! To the
entertainers who either donated thier time & talent or workd for greatly
reduced fees; to the folks who provided the wonderful food; To my
BELOVED family & friends for their patience & understanding of this
passion of mine and to the people of Central Illinois for making our
second annual Parkinson's Awareness Day such a day to remember. With my
profound love and thanks, j
--
Joan E. Snyder    48/10
<http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/snyder.htm>