He is currently taking:
MS Contin  15 mg  every 12 hours
Compazine  10 mg
Roxicet   5/325  every 4 hours as needed
Valium  5 mg, twice a day
Artane  5 mg, 3 x a day
Paxil  once a day
Seroquel  25 mg.   2 at bed
Senecot  2 in morning, 2 at bed
Quinine   325 mg   2 at bed
Dalmane  15 mg.  2 at bet

-2 reg  25/100 Sinemet
-3 CR  25/100 Sinemet
- the above at various times throughout the day.

Jackie, in an effort to relieve your husband's pain it seems that your doctors have forgotten about the primary cause - and that is his PD.  I notice that he is not on any dopamine agonists, like Mirapex, Symmetral, etc. etc.  His is over-dosed on pain meds.  He is taking Roxicet, MS. Contin and Compazine, all of which increase PD symptoms.  I doubt that the Valium is going to do anything more than make him less able to move.

Talk with his neurologist about getting rid of some of those pain meds and increasing his PD meds.  It would seem that the more his muscle function is being suppressed by  pain meds, the more muscle spasms he's having.

My husband has also suffered from severe discomfort during his on-off Sinemet times.  Lowering his dose of Sinemet, spacing those doses through the day and adding dopamine agonists have all helped to increase his function and decrease his pain.  Mirapex, for instance, has all but eliminated  the painful muscle spasms that he's had in his feet.  When we tried to decrease his Mirapex dose, the pain returned.

My husband is 60 and has PD for 20 years.  He weighs 240, so keeping him moving is my top priority.  I can certainly identify with your situation.

In the archives of this list is a group of meds that are contraindicated in Parkinson's disease.  Perhaps you ought to bring that list with you on your next visit to your physician.  I suspect that your husband would be much better off without some of those meds, while his function might increase if more PD meds were added.
------
God bless
Mary Ann