At 02:05 PM 2000/05/09 -0700, Marling McReynolds <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Ok, here is the deal.
>I had a geocities address and yahoo bought out geocities.  Now,
>mail to that geocities address is transferred to a similar yahoo
>address and I get the mail.  However, since I am mailing out on
>that account through yahoo, the listserv does not recognize it.
>I have a new address, this one ( [log in to unmask]) and wish to
>close the geocities address.  However every time I try to send the
>command I get error messages that my "yahoo" address is not
>recognized.
>How do I get the geocities address off the list?
>Thanks
>Marling
>51, 5 from diag, and still trying to laugh

as i see it, you want to do two things:
1. terminate your existing subscription from yahoo/geocities
2. start a new subscription from eelriver

1. the listserver has your subscription attributed to a specific e-mail address;
if you cannot send mail *from* that specific address now,
you have two choices:

A. you can terminate/delete your address/account at yahoo/geocities and thus
force "returned mail-address unknown" your listmail back to the listserv and thus
trigger the listserv's automatic delete function

or,

B. you can call in the final resort executive artillery swat team
i.e. the list-mom, to decimate your existing subscription

2. starting a new subscription from eelriver is the easy part:
send the command message:
     subscribe parkinsn marling mcreynolds
to:

janet
the unarmed list elfette

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
come visit my website "a new voice" at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/