Hi Audrey: I think you are very eloquent all by yourself.
Here's my definition of Clinical Depression:
Finding yourself descending ever deeper into your own
personal 9 Circles of Hell
Food that tastes like ashes in your mouth
Looking at the family you love gathered around the
Christmas tree on Christmas morning and feeling...nothing
Lying in bed thinking you must be dying because you feel so
bad but not caring
Losing your laughter
Not feeling capable of doing the work you love
Being afraid all the time
Counting the days, hours, minutes, seconds that the
psychiatrist said it would take for the anti-depressant to
kick in...
                  Carole