Friends,
I forwarded one of the e-mails (Chuck's) about CD to a close friend because
of a discussion we had the other day. He is a recovered (in my opinion not a
recovering) alcoholic (for 17 years now). What prompted the conversation was
at his daughter's wedding two weeks ago, he had to propose a toast using a
glass of Champaign at the wedding cake table. He did well. I noticed and
commented later that he only pretended to take a sip from the glass. I told
him I admired his commitment to never again take a drink.
We got to discussing how he overcome the addiction. He said his wife still
to this day is in denial that he either was never an alcoholic or he has not
completed the recovery because he did not go through the 12 step program.
Wine, beer, and spirits are still kept and served on occasion in their home.

His response to the e-mail follows. I thought it appropriate to share with
all of you. BTW, he is the editor of one of my flying club's newsletter and
is also writing a Steven King type horror novel. Very articulate gentleman
and I am happy to count him as one of my very close friends.
Darwin