Hi Sinead...

Ooops!  Please understand that the following comment isn't meant
to hurt you, so don't take it as a personal slight, ok?  I just
don't want to see ya get in any trouble with the law.

Because I used  to work online on the Microsoft Network I've got
some (not alot  - but SOME) familiarity about what one LEGALLY can
and can't post on the Web and Internet.

The articals you've scanned and posted on the List are more than
likely COPYRIGHTED  by the author and/or the author's designated
agent.  That copyright protects the author's right to have the
sole say-so on who may and may NOT publicly print or post work
that is a product

Usually those of us who copy and paste an ARTICLE from one site to
another on the Web or the I'net don't cet caught , but when
someone posts a CHAPTER of a copyrighted BOOK or script and it has
been copyrighted by that author (and virtually all books, scripts,
etc.. today and in the past  have been copyrighted and state so in
a conspicuous place in the book/script) then that could be a huge
and costly legal problem in the offing!

THAT means one heck of a lotta negative publicity about YOU - the
individual who (innocently) broke the copyright laws by publicly
posting copyrighted material - and you might  find yourself up to
your  knees in law suits, which CAN carry a significant monitory
fine should you lose the case(s).   And don't forget the lawyer's
fees!! <YIKES!  Sky high!>

My MSN work experience tough ne that authors and author's agents,
and even their friends, family and God knows how many other
individuals who are somehow connected with the author just POP out
of the virtual woodwork claiming you are stealing copyrighted
material and the next thing ya know you're in BIG trouble ( over
something you innocently did).

Please, Please, PLEASE consider what's potentially at stake for
you if you continue scanning and posting copyrighted material to
the List.  AND it's possible that our list owner, Barb P, could
also be held liable for what you (or anyone else on the List)
publicly posts on a privately owned List such as the
PIENet).

Maybe you can just post the title and author's NAME on the List if
you find something you feel to be value to many list members?
THAT way both you AND Barb P. are legally covered....

Ho... and I'm sorry about the type-O's as I'm rushing to type and
post this 'cause  my daughters are on their way over to pick me up
for a "Mother's Day surprise" (and I haven't a clue what it is,
either) <smile>.  Just know that I wanted OT make sure you're
aware of potential costly problems you might have if you continue
scanning and posting books without  the author's permission (and
that MUST be in writing)

Barb Mallut
[log in to unmask],com