On 11 May 2000, at 10:35, janet paterson wrote:

> hi all
>
> bob 'tex' armentrout's collection of poetry
> has been installed at 'a new voice' [in the 'pienet/words/nuggets' section]:
> "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/boba/index.html"
>
> there are two formats:
> the main index takes you to the individual poems on individual web pages
> while a secondary index takes you to a single large document containing all poems
> [for easier downloading/printing if needed]
>

> in gratitude
>
> janet

Hi Bob & hi Janet,
Very impressive!  When I have time, I do enjoy poetry....

Here is today's tipple from the Free Pint Bar...

The following new messages have been posted on The Free Pint Bar at
<http://www.freepint.co.uk/bar>.

MESSAGE:   (#3204) Today's Tipple From Free Pint - Poetry
http://www.freepint.co.uk/cgi-bin/webbbs/config.pl?review=3204

   AUTHOR:    Simon Collery <[log in to unmask]>
   DATE:      10/5/0 4:06 p.m.

http://www.geocities.com/~spanoudi/poems/index.html
There have been a lot of postings about music on the Free Pint Bar, and
some articles in the Newsletter too. So for a change, I thought I'd look
up what poetry resources were available. I expected to come across several
good quality sites and lots of appalling ones. In fact I spent a long time
looking and just came up with a couple of good sites. I'm sure there are
others but I ran out of time. Anyhow, if you work in an office where music
is not welcomed, try poetry instead. All the better if music is permitted,
because then you can read the poetry out loud.

With nearly 6000 works and 700 poets, you really can have a good time
looking through this collection. Oddly enough, when using the search
function you have to search twice, to cover two different sites. This is a
pity, but if you are using the site for recreational purposes, you
probably won't mind so much. The free search is handy, but you are better
off searching the alphabetical list of authors or titles. There's even a
And it makes an excellent way of browsing.

These are all out of copyright works, in case anyone was worried. And if
you have some favourite works you can send them in, as long as they are
out of copyright also. The site is a bit slow, but once you get going, you
can open things in new pages and read while waiting for something else to
load. There are links to other things of interest, such as biographies,
bibliographies, other poetry sites, societies, etc.

It's only fair to mention that it was the following site that led me to
this charming resource: http://www.cswnet.com/~erin/ so thank you to
'Erin' for creating this. Erin's lovely site is also dedicated to poetry
and is well worth a look around. Cheers Simon

Business Development, Free Pint

PS If you have any comments on today's reviewed site, good or bad, feel
free to post them here. And if you would like to suggest a Tipple send it
to [log in to unmask]

   Link:      Poetry on the Web

Just thought I'd post this one to y'all Bob and to the other "poets"
and poetry fans on the List.

All the best ...... murray