On 15 Apr 2000, at 7:49, Linda J Herman wrote:

>       Thanks for your reply, Murray - I thought this site was great:
> Newly Diagnosed With PD
> http://spring.parkinsons.org.uk/spnewly.htm
> I couldn't connect to the FAQ site - could you check the URL?
> The Frequently Asked Questions About Parkinson's Disease
> http://etb.ninds.nih.gov/PDFAQ.html

Hi Linda,
I wrote these birds about the status of their website and the
first person I talked to replied promptly and referred me to a
"higher" authority...  Apparently it was beneath him to reply.

But.... guess what I discovered by *playing* with this a little...
They still have the page... they just renamed it...

http://etb.ninds.nih.gov/PDFAQ.html#psy

Now this works and, as near as I can tell, the content is identical
to what I saw on the original site...

>  I wasn't suggesting yet another PD web site - but  maybe links and
> access to some of the "gems" could be expanded and improved.  Also
> helpful is a short description of what the link is about, if it's not
> clear by the title.

This is a great suggestion and could be done in the *future*....

> Below is a listing of Web sites that Barb Blake-Krebs, who is still
> recuperating, and I compiled for the appendix to our book on young onset
> PD, Behind the Masks, ( which is still under consideration for
> publication - they ask us to "be patient.") It is based on suggestions
> from the list and our own favorites, and is  open to other
> recommendations (especially for non U.S. organizations and young onset
> sites) -- or corrections if you note an error, or ommissions.  We will
> also look through all of Murray's recommened sites. Thanks
> Linda

SNIP

Linda, what is the book status now??

All the best ............. murray

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html