Dear Fran,

My answer may not count because I've had  DBS STN surgery and have had
Parkinson's for 21 years but when the battery died last year I had to go
back on medication while I waited for a new one.  I chose Symmetryl with the
Mirapex that I still take.  Symmetryl was the most effective drug  that I
took over the many years, but it didn't work this time.  I don't know if it
was because it was generic, or a result of the surgery.  Since the surgery 4
years ago, I haven't taken Sinemet.