Sinead said,
My mother has PD and can't use a PC because she has difficulty using the
mouse

I use a track ball type mouse.  That pesky little arrow, with a regular
mouse in my hand, can wind up on the kitchen window, and since I can't
find a way to put icons on the window, I went to trackball with lots of
adjustment for speed, fixing on target places, etc.  It was from
Microsoft.  Mostly, however, I use laptop (Toshiba) with the little stick
in the middle of the keyboard, and this is much easier for me as I have a
few fingers that don't quiver, plus the little stick has enough
resistance that it doesn't  jerk the arrow around too much.

Chuck