Carole,
Your description was magnificent. and all too familiar.
i would like to add the the following;
A conviction that your death would be a gift to your family Believing
      that death ts the only way your spouse will enjoy any remaining
lifetime,
       it's up to you to set him free.
     you have nothing of value for your children they would be better
off without you
     death will be easier for your loved ones to accept than watching
you  become useless
cd is like a dense fog  coming off the water. You have no control over
when it comes; how thick it will be( or when it will vanish.. Nor can
you predict what will trigger it.   In a really dense fog you cannot see
your hand in front of your face, you easily lose your bearings, all that
exists for you  is the fog and it's dampness permeates your soul.

Cathy