I am happy for you that your cd  was diagnosed and  cured.   I do not intend
to argue the point,  I only will restate the obvious. Cd is not a brain
disorder that can be*cured*. It is a condition that can be helped, however,
by medicine and by psychiatiatric counseling.  It is as all have stated in
the past day, truly a hell to be in. No amount of nutrition can solve it any
more than exercise or sleep or ignoring it . It is a fact that we face each
morning and that we go to bed knowing it will still be there the next day.
There are degrees of cd, and of course all of the things I mentioned will
help...but they will not cure it nor make it go away.  Only meds will
alleviate the symptoms and counseling help to understand why you have the
feelings you have. If vitamins or keeping busy were the right answers why
then would suicide seem a better alternative? To know that there is another
way to feel : To wake up one morning and find the dark tunnel is gone, just
as my doctor promised,  is a miracle well worth the work it took to find it
and the pill I take to keep it away.

BTW.. I had 3 months of twice weekly counseling and then was referred to a
psychiatrist/neurologist for treatment when meds seemed appropriate. He
insisted that I be part of all the decisions from the beginning for my
mental health. This included the choice of  the family of antidepressants
which  Prozac represented. I was lucky, it worked just as promised, and
continues to work at the lowest dosage.

*Seattle* Audrey  friend of pwp aussie  John  49/42/38?