Charlie,

Thank you for your words and medical perspective.  As someone who has been
battling depression  for five years now, it is very disturbing to me to have
this condition trivialized by the boot-strap and attitude types of arguments..
I struggle every day to have a positive attitude, and as Mr. parkinson takes
away more and more of my life, it becomes more and more difficult to maintain a
positive attitude. Parkinson's is horrible, but without my anti depression and
anti anxiety drugs and a wonderful therapist, I wouldn't be here today.

My husband has  referred to me as his "half empty girl",.  A title he doesn't
like   after thinking  about  it for a while because  It is too true.  All of my
family is baffled by my lack of self-confidence. Do I try to look at myself as
others see me?  You bet I do. When I look in the mirror, I see nothing special
or accomplished. When I hear the it's your attitude, diet, lack of guts attitude
it is just one  more thing that I'm doing  wrong. It is just one more thing I am
responsible and at fault for.

I have a great deal of respect for people like Chuck Murray who have and can
harness that positive attitude. Chuck probably did not intend his comments to be
taken so personally by anyone.  (Then again maybe yes..) In either case, it
stikes me as if it is my failure. Every day I try to be positive because I don't
enjoy having an Eyore perspective and I hate it when the most pleasant daydream
turns nightmarish before i can stop the offending thought.

So thank you again, Charlie for coming to my defense.

Cathy