I am a recent survivor of NMS.  As my husband Fred Krebs wrote in mid-March,
2000, I was rushed to the hospital with renal failure, low blood pressure,
104-5' temperature brought on by increasingly violent dyskinesias over a
two-day period.  I was in ICU for 5 days, acute care for over 3 weeks, and a
nursing home for 2 weeks.  i am in the 3rd week of "home" recovery.
Fortunately, my renal function was not permanently damaged  I am however
quite weak which  affects my ability to walk and to work at any task for a
sustained period.  Also, I have great discomfort from a tight, often
constricted, throat and swelling in mouth and  throat.

Fred and I are working on a more complete summary of my case which we hope to
post in a few days.   I feel lucky to be alive!

Barbara Blake-Krebs  59/44
Merriam  KS
[log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]