At 08:57 PM 2000/05/10 -0700, Joe Bruman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Current Science Reviews Index                      May 2000
>
>In the 5½ years since I began posting the CSRs, we've seen
>the advent of free PubMed, news services, archives and websites
>galore (and dedicated listmembers like Judith Richards and Janet
>Paterson to dig out every useful scrap) on PD-related info. You'd
>think the CSRs were hopelessly passe, but no- I and, I think,
>quite a few other listmembers still find them useful in their own
>peculiar way. But I've quit posting one of the features most
>useful to me, namely the monthly cumulative CSR Index. It now has
>over 1500 entries that fill 25 pages, too big for e-mail. I've
>considered and rejected some of the obvious alternatives, but
>here is one that might work: If you really want to keep your own
>personal file of the CSRs and their Index, I could copy the Index
>to a 3½ inch floppy and send it to you by snailmail. The floppies
>and mailers aren't too costly, and, depending on the demand, we
>might work something out. Let me know, off-list, what you think.
>Cheers,
>Joe

hi joe

if you would like me to keep a full copy of the CSR index
in the 'pienet' section of 'a new voice'
i would be happy to do it

and it might be interesting to see how the site's own search engine
deals with the CSR!

janet

ps
updates are a given

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
come visit my website "a new voice" at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/