Now, recent evidence indicates that most Parkinson's cases result from environmental chemical pollutants.

The researchers reported that, "No genetic component is evident when the disease begins after age 50 years. However, genetic factors appear to be important when [Parkinson's] disease begins at or before age 50." Thus

fewer than 10% of Parkinson's cases -- only those that begin relatively early in life -- have a genetic component.

That leaves environmental chemicals as the culprit for the vast majority of Parkinson's, according to the researchers who conducted the twin study. In announcing their results, they specifically pointed out that the search for causes of Parkinson's should now re-focus on environmental chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides.[10]

http://www.flipside.org/vol2/feb99/99fe03a.htm  for full  study article.

Works for me. The wife is paranoid about cockroaches. Terminix kept our house steeped in pesticides for 25 years. No cockroaches at all tho'.  Every appliance I pulled for repair has an eighth of an inch of powdered pesticide on it. My PD occurred at age 70. dx 69.