My mother has the same problem and unfortunately speech therapy and the
microphones have not been much help.  She bought the hand held microphone
and I have wondered if the one that is worn around the neck or on the collar
would be better.  She forgets to hold the microphone near her mouth and it
is difficult to hold the microphone while you eat.  What has worked the best
for Mom is some breathing exercises and little notes to "enunciate" and
"breathe" posted where she can see them.  Her weak voice does seem to come
and go with good days and bad days, like most PD symptoms.   Tracy Goodbar