This is something we've discussed as lot, and in today's paper there was an
interesting clue as to why Rx drugs cost more in the USA.  The writer,
Gwynne Dyer, as London-based independent journalist, says that the drug
companies divide the world into different price zones based on average
middle-class incomes in a particular area. "Americans...pay about 3 times
as much as Poles for the same drugs, and Poles pay around 3 times as much
as Indians."  He adds, "To maintain the integrity of this system, holders
of drug patents forbid any international trade that crosses the borders of
these zones."
Perhaps this does help explain the price differences we have noted and
complained about?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           also, on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for