Dr. Meyer:  I worked in hospitals for 26 years before I made the
mistake of going into the real estate business, and at one time I was
wholeheartedly against alternative treatments. .  However, something
happened, which caused me to seek out a recommended
chiropractor, and he was wonderful in helping me with my problem.
Then in 1992, I developed Bell's palsy (God was I ugly). I chose
acupunture, which helped me get over the paralysis quicker.  So there are
things that alternative practitioners can help.  Good luck in your
research.  Jo Ann from Houston