Bob - The taste sensation is what did me in.  I had a TIA about 3 months
prior to that and I was frightened out of my wits, but my BP was being
controlled with meds.  So when I couldn't taste sweet, sour,  or salt, my
doctor diagnosed Bell's Palsy.  The cosmetic surgeon to whom I went while
I was still in the healing stages, told me he wouldn't touch me.  I
suppose I was so depressed from looking so ugly (I modelled at one time),
I don't know if he meant right then, or ever. I really do appreciate your
information, as well as input from others.
Jo Ann from Houston